- Tea towels
- Fabric paint in various fall colors
- Rolling Pin
- Fresh leaves
- Wax paper
- Optional: Trim and Fabri-Tac
1. Iron your towels.
2. Mix your paint to create your desired fall colors.
a. *To make it look like the leaves are changing colors, do not blend the colors completely together. *
3. Brush your paint mixture onto the side of your leaf where the stem and veins are raised.
4. Lay down a large piece of wax paper on your work surface then your towel.
5. Place the leaf paint side down onto the towel and cover with a piece of wax paper. *The wax paper protects your rolling pin from the paint. *
6. Roll over the leaf gently with your rolling pin to press the paint into the towel.
7. Pull the leaf off to reveal the impression.
8. To create a pattern to repeat steps 2-5 with various types and shapes of leaves.
9. If desired add trim to the towels using Fabri-Tac.
10. Allow to dry completely and enjoy!