- Smart phone
- Sewing machine (optional, can hand sew if desired)
- Computer with basic photo editing capacity
- Black Sharpie
- Plain white paper
- Colorfast fabric paper (I use June Tailor's)
- Scotch tape
- Fabric scrap
- Poly or cotton fill
- Needle and thread
1. Take a selfie.
2. Draw a body without a head on paper with a sharpie.
3. Open your selfie photo in iPhoto (or other photo program) Make it black and white and brighten it to make the whites bright. Careful not to lighten it so much that you blow out your features.
4. Print it on regular paper at 4X6. If you like a larger head, go with 5X7
5. Cut out the head and tape it to your body
6. Take a picture of the page
7. Edit that photo- make black and white. Make those whites super white so the background doesn't look gray.
8. Print this photo onto fabric paper
9. Read the instructions on your fabric paper- might require washing to set the ink.
10. Wrong sides of fabric paper and scrap fabric together, cut out a huggable shape
11.Sew with right sides together leaving bottom open to stuff.
12. Turn right side out and stuff with fill
13. Hand sew bottom with complimentary thread
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page