- LED plug in night lights (IMPORTANT TO USE LED)
- A variety of shells (whether you picked them up at a beach or bought them at a store – still beautiful!)
- Hot glue
1. Go through your shell collection and pick shells that will be big enough to cover the light bulb of the night light.
2. If your shells are from the sea, make sure you clean and dry them thoroughly. Having sand (or even dust) will prevent the glue from properly adhering to the shell.
3. Take the bulb out of the night light. Pick a place that has a flat surface that will not interfere with the bulb, and glue your shell into place. Set aside to dry.
4. Plug in your night light and enjoy the ambient lighting, and the memories!
• It is very important to use LED lights because they will stay relatively cool. If you use regular bulbs, it might get too hot and either loosen the glue or burn the shell. We don’t want fire hazards!
• If you don’t have a shell large enough, you can put a bunch of shells together to make a structure for your night light