Inspired by the Hallmark Channel movie, “Hearts of Winter,” Ken Wingard creates space and a bold statement in your home with homemade room dividers.
- 24” wide hollow closet door
- Self-adhesive wallpaper
- Water in spray bottle
- Paint in desired color to compliment wallpaper
- Masking tape
- Casters with locks
- Power drill
- Paint the edges of your door. Allow to dry.
- Screw the two casters into the bottom of each door on each side.
- Apply the wallpaper by spraying the back with water, put it on the door and smooth out any bubbles. Repeat with all of the doors which become the panels of your divider. PRO TIP: Most rolls of wallpaper come in 27” widths which make it perfect to apply without having to seam anything.
- Once the wallpaper is dry, trim to the edge of each door with an X-Acto knife. PRO TIP: Wallpaper shrinks as it dries so allow it to dry completely first.
- Connect the doors by screwing the hinges into the side of each door, make sure to line them up properly first!
- Stand up your divider, place and enjoy!