- Paint Brushes ( 1 to repurpose, smaller ones to apply paint)
- Acrylic Paints (we used medium green , light green , dark green, medium blue, light blue, and white)
- Faux Flowers (silk optional)
- Hot glue gun
- Rubber stamps (optional)
1. Choose an old dried out paint brush to repurpose
2. Take light blue color and begin painting brush handle down to top of bristles. Don’t worry if some of the paint drips onto the bristles-it doesn’t need to be perfect.
3. For the Grass: With medium green color, brush up from bottom of the bristles creating a grass like effect. Next, use light green color on top of medium green to create slightly shorter grass blades. Finish with dark green color to paint very bottom of bristles for the complete grass look.
4. For The Sky and Cloud Effect: Take your sponge and tear off a small piece. Dap in medium blue color on paint brush handle. Use light strokes for a touch of sky element. Create same gestures with white paint color to create fluffy soft cloud look.
3. For Flower Stems: Cut string about 1 inch (or length desired). Paint string dark green and attach with hot glue to “grass” bristles.
4. For Faux Flowers: Paint preferred color to give 3D effect. Next, take faux flowers (however many preferred) and snip them off directly at the bud. Attach with hot glue to finished stems.
4. For Fun: use rubber stamps on paint brush handle to add words or your name
5. Display and enjoy!