- Sharp fabric scissors
- white pencil or eyeliner
- a ruler
- a skirt/dress
- Lay the skirt flat and measure how high you would like your pleats to go.
- Create markings all the way around the skirt at the desired height with your pencil and ruler.
- Draw lines from the desired height, straight down to the hemline. This will be your guide to cut.
- Each line should be an equal distance apart (anywhere from 2"-4" wide)
- Cut away!
- You can leave the lining in the skirt if it looks cool, or your prefer to not show any leg OR cut the lining out where the pleats are so you can see the leg through the pleats.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.