- Sand (red, white, blue for patriotic candles)
- Citronella Votive candles
- Clear glass vase, jar, or clear decorative container; if using a large container, use a smaller vase or can to place in the center to take up space
- Funnel; optional; a plastic bag can also be used
Directions for Beachy Sand Candles
1) Fill the container with sand from the beach, or any color of your choice
2) Place the Citronella candle in the sand
3) Place the seashells decoratively in the container
Directions for Patriotic Sand Candles
1) Fill a clear drinking glass with enough sand so that a votive candle placed on top falls just below the rim.
2 Set the glass inside a clear glass vase or jar
3) With a funnel, fill the gap between the two containers with layers of colored sand, using enough to reach the rim of the drinking glass; this is done so that you do not need to use a bunch of the colored sand, since that is more expensive!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page