- 2-3 Yards of Fabric (A fabric that does not fray easily is best)
- Fabric Glue
- Bias Tape (Optional)
1. Fold your fabric in half, pattern facing inward, and lay on a flat surface.
2. Pin shut all the open edges. Fold it again, open edge to open edge.
3. Decide how large you want the kimono to be, both in the length and the arms and cut an L shape in the desired length.
4. Open the L into a T shape and lay it out on the table.
5. Glue the sides of the T. This will create the shape of the kimono and the sleeves. Let dry.
6. Next, to create the opening of the kimono, cut down the center of the front piece (do not cut the back!)
7. At the collar, cut 2 inches on either side of the initial front opening cut. Fold and glue these two pieces under to create a finished hem.