- 2 x sheets of bead board
- 2 x bookcase or storage cabinets
- 2 x 4 wood
- Wood furniture moulding
- Coat hooks
1) Cut your 2 x 4 into 16 inch pieces. You will use this as the base of your unit.
2) Set your horizontal bookshelf on the 2x4's and secure with a screw to the wall. If you can find a stud, drill into the stud. If you cannot, I suggest using drywall anchors.
3) Place the headboard on top of the horizontal bookshelf and screw into wall.
4) Take a section of your 1x4's and place them on the wall where your top bookshelf will go.
5) Attach bookshelf and secure into wall with screws.
6) Add plywood to each side
7) Add 1x4 to the bottom front and sides
8) Glue on pre-cut molding
9) Use nail gun to secure moulding
10) The last step is to paint, which we’ve already done, and hang the coat hooks
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page