- Wooden Craft Box
- Exacto Knife
- Wood Veneer Sheets
- Glue Gun
- Battery-Operated Tea Lights
1. Select a wooden craft box for your base.
2. Sketch a building outline onto a piece of foamcore. If you cannot freehand a building façade, use a stencil.
3. Using an exacto knife, cut out the building outline template, and also cut out a large rectangle from the center of the template to allow light to pass through.
4. Use the foamcore template to trace the building outline onto a piece of wood veneer.
5. Draw on details like windows and doors for light to pass through.
6. Using an exacto knife, cut out building from wood veneers, making sure to also cut out the window and door details.
7. Glue the veneer building façade to the foamcore template for structural support.
8. Arrange the building piece on the front of the wooden base-box and secure using glue.
9. Use glue to adhere a hook to the front of the building.
10. Complete by depositing a battery-operated tea light into the base box and placing on your mantle.