- Shadow box or keepsake box with a glass front
- Spray adhesive
- White glitter
- Lazier cut Fairies – available at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts
- (Items listed below are all optional. You can use some or all of these different things)
- Paper butterflies or flowers
- Glue gun
- Electric Tea Light
Step One: Tape off the wood so only the glass is exposed.
Step Two: Spray the glass with spray adhesiveStep Three: Sprinkle on white glitter and shake off what doesn't stick. Let dry a few mins.
Step 4: Glue the laser cut fairy where you want it on the inside of the glass. (You don't need much glue) then place the tea light behind the fairy. Do this before decorating the box so you can decorate around the fairy.
Step 5: Glue on stones, moss, flowers, butterflies, twigs, leaves and whatever else you love.
*Hang on a wall or place on a table. Change out the tea light battery as needed. They look amazing in a grouping. Hang 2-3 on a bedroom wall to create beautiful ambiance.
1) Don’t use too much spray adhesive or you won't be able to see through to the fairy well enough.
2) Make sure you are constantly checking to see you can open the box while gluing / decorating the outside of the box. It's easy to get glue on the hinges and glue the rocks too close to the door so it won't open. You need to be able to open the box to change the battery in the tea light!
3) Use low temp glue when working with plastic flowers.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page