- Plywood (4’x8’) ¾ inch
- Jig saw
- Wood glue
- “L” brackets
- Carpenter’s square
- Tape measure
- Stain (optional)
1. Measure the wood to the size you would like. The best way to measure is to start in the middle to see how deep you would like to go. We are starting with the middle section at 15" deep. The sides are 12" deep.
2. Measure twelve inches in the middle and 38 inches long.
3. From these measurements, make an arc and connected it with pencil.
4. Measure the middle of the 38" to create the notches that will connect the pieces together.
5. Measure 6" in, then cut out a notch for the 3/4" other board.
6. Using a jigsaw, cut out the large form and the notches.
7. Take your hand sander and sand down the edges. Since we are using plywood, you will
have some splintering that you need to sand down to make smooth.
8. Now comes the fun part...putting your puzzle together! It will all fit together without glue,
but using glue will make it strong for years to come! To get the glue in the notches, use
another small piece of wood and apply it to the notches.
9. Put your structure together like a puzzle piece. Use a rubber mallet if it gets a bit tight.
10. If you have the time to let this sit for 24 - 48 hours, the glue is enough. If you want to hang
it right away, put a few nails at the notches to hold them in place until the glue dries.