- Canvas Tote Bag
- Nylon Webbing Strap
- Fabric Medium
- Mod Podge
- Paint Brush
- Painter's Tape
- Glue Gun/Fabric Glue sticks
1. To make your tote bag easier to paint you can give it shape/scructure by stuffing it with a shipping box
2. Tape off the bottom of the box to give the “dipped effect”
3. Mix 1 part fabric medium and 1 part metallic paint. Fabric medium is awesome because it takes away that stiffness of acrylic paint and allows it to go on smooth and flexible.
4. Paint bottom area of bag. This paint metallic background is really going to allow the glitter to pop! Allow to dry.
5. Mix 1 part matte mod podge and 1 part glitter. The mixture will look white with gold specs in it, but don’t worry, once it dries it will be clear. Paint onto previously painted metallic background, giving it multiple coats and let dry.
6. Once dry, remove tape
-Brush on 3-4 layers of the glitter & decoupage mix to get a thick, bold layer of glitter on your tote! Allow 4-5 minutes of dry time between layers.
8. Using a seam ripper or scissors remove the existing straps.
9. Measure out length of straps. Cut to length.
10. Glew your straps into place using a glue gun and fabric glue sticks
11. Once glued, sew the top of straps onto to bag for extra support.