Carol Alt demonstrates a DIY hand soap that is simple, natural and cleans without chemicals!
- Water (The best water to use is distilled or boiled water, unless the soap will be used within a few weeks)
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid Castile Soap (Be sure to add the castile soap to the water, not the other way around to avoid creating too many bubbles.)
- ½ teaspoon Liquid Oil (Olive or Almond)
- A few drops of essential oils of your choice (for scent)
- Fill a foaming soap dispenser with water to within 1 inch of the top (leaving room for the bulky foaming pump and the soap to be added)
- Add the castile soap to the dispenser
- Add oil (to preserve life of dispenser) and essential oils
- Insert pump and close tightly. Lightly swish dispenser to mix.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.