Orly Shani has an easy no-sew way to update this cozy classic.
DIY Flannel Shirts
DIY Flannel Shirts - Home & Family
DIY FLANNEL SHIRTS MATERIALS:
- Flannel shirt
- Embellishing materials of choice:
- Ruffle trim
- Iron on decals
- Gems with flat back
Adhesive for embellishments:
- Gem-tac or e6000
DIY FLANNEL SHIRTS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place your ruffles or decals. Arrange them to make sure you like the placement. PRO TIP: use the lines of the pattern in the shirt as a grid or guidelines for your embellishments.
- Adhere the accents to the shirt. If applying iron on decals, you can use Fabri-tac or an iron. If attaching trim, lay a line of fabri-tac then the trim on top.
- To adhere gems, place dots of either gem-tac or e6000 then the gems on top.
- Allow the adhesive to dry completely, wear and enjoy!