Make this creative cradle to hold your firewood.
DIY Firewood Cradle
Storage, Home Decor
Materials for Cradle
- 4 – 2"x4” boards
- 2 – ½" galvanized metal flanges
- 1 – 18” x ½"galvanized metal pipe
- Rotary saw
- Wood glue
Materials for Sling
- Leather: 16 ½" x 46”
- 12 - rivets
- Rivet press or a rivet setter with hammer
- Hole punch
- 2 - 1” wood dowels (we used oak)
Directions for Cradle
- Cut 4, “2 x 4” boards to desired length, (with 37 degree angles at top and bottom of boards).
- Saw equal notches into center part of 2 boards by running rotary saw back and forth along area to be notched. Chisel out the cut pieces, sand if necessary.
- Cross 1 notched board over other notched board (anchoring together at center point) and glue.
- Screw round metal flange onto inside center part of crossed legs.
- Repeat on opposite set.
- Screw galvanized metal pipe into both flanges to attach legs.
Directions for Sling
- Cut leather to desired size (ours was 46” x 16 ½"). *(Allow extra length for heavy contents to dip).
- Cut rectangle in center part of either end.
- Lay wooden dowel across end and wrap leather over pipe.
- Mark where holes for rivets will go.
- Punch holes.
- Secure with rivets.