1. Take your seam ripper and undo the side seams of the tote bag. You should now have along rectangle with handles at each short end.
a. *Be sure to use your heavy-duty scissors to cut through any thick parts of the bag so you don’t ruin your fabric scissors. *
2. If you want to create a unique shape for your firewood carrier, fold your rectangle in half, then cut the corners off at the top. Making sure your front and back are lined up accurately.
3. Cut a rectangle of fabric that fits the top corner section of your tote.
4. Butt the rectangle up against the sides of your straps and attach.
5. Wrap the excess fabric around the corner of the tote like a present and secure.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for all four corners of your firewood carrier.
7. Cut a rectangle of fabric to the size of the bottom of your tote bag with enough seam allowance to hem all edges and enough to wrap around the bottom of the tote on the short edges. This will be used to reinforce the bottom of your carrier.
8. Wrap the short sides under the edge of your tote and fold under one time on each side for a clean hem. Secure in place.
9. Fold the long edges under and secure for a clean hem.