1. Cut your dowels to the size of your frame.
2. Hot glue the dowels all the way down the frame until you have the entire thing filled. Place them close together but just enough gap to wedge a piece of felt in between.
3. Count the number of dowels you have and divide it by the number of color stripes you want to use. This will give you the number of dowels to use per stripe. (if the number doesn’t quite match up, its okay to have a couple short on the ends).
4. Glue the first color of felt into the top piece of the dowel, wedge it over the next dowel and push it into the next dowel crack. Continue this through your first color stripe.
5. When you reach the end of the color stripe, feed the end of the felt piece into the last crack and glue it in. Cut the excess off.
6. Repeat with all the other colors until you reach the end of the frame
7. Add your letters!