- Felt (about a half yard per tree)
- Wood log, cut
- Hot glue gun
- Tree template
- chop saw
1. Go outdoors to find a log and sticks. Using a chop saw, cut the wood into pieces to make the tree stands.
2. Fold tree template in half, then fold felt in half. Pin template to felt and started cutting out trees. Eleven pieces will fill up a tree nicely.
3. Iron felt pieces to smooth and flatten.
4. Fold each piece of felt in half, apply hot glue to the fold, then add the felt to the stick. Make sure the stick is about a half inch from the top of each felt tree top. Repeat until tree is full.
5. Make the peak by adding glue to the center and work each piece into the glue until you are happy with the shape.
6. Trim to shape tree, then glue the stick onto the wood base. You can also use a drill bit to drill a small hole in the base, allowing the stick to slip down into the base.
*Use multiple logs to stack the base for different heights for your stands when making multiple trees.
*Add holiday embellishments such as stars or glitter for a more “Christmas-looking” tree.