- Faux ostrich feather trim
- Snap tape
- Existing garment to add trim to
- Fabric scissors
- Soft tape measure
1. Measure which part of garment you want to add the tape to.
PRO TIP: Since the snap tape isn’t elastic, you can only add the trim to parts of the garment that don’t need to stretch.
2. Cut two pieces of feather trim and one of snap tape to that measurement. You have to double layer the feather trim for fullness.
PRO TIP: If you’re adding trim to sleeve cuffs or pants, cut the trim and snap tape pieces for both hems at this time.
3. Separate the “male” and “female” sides of the tape, glue two layers of the feather trim to the back side of the one piece.
4. Snap the tape back together.
5. Glue the back of the un-feathered snap tape to the garment ¼” inset from the bottom edge of the hem or where you’re attaching to garment.
6. Allow the glue to dry for a full 24 hours before use.