- Matte interior paint
- Faux plaster ceiling medallions
- Glue gun
- Door knobs
- Bronze spray paint
- Gold rub
- Paint roller
- Screw driver
1. Measure your existing closet doors. This will determine what size medallion you will need. My doors are 30” wide, so I chose a 24” medallion which leaves 3” from the medallion to the edge of the doors.
2. Paint your doors the color of your choosing (turquoise for me!). If you can take them off and lay them on a flat surface, that would be easiest. But if they are hung and you don’t want to bother taking them off, you are welcome to paint them in place.
3. Set aside to dry.
4. Spray paint your medallions bronze in a well-ventilated area. Set aside to dry.
5. Measure and mark the horizontal center of your door.
6. Install your dummy door knob in that center that you determined. Make the height of the door knobs whatever feels comfortable to you. Standard is between 34” – 48”.
7. Using hot glue on the back of your medallion, put it over the door knob and push it into place. Hold until dry. This should automatically be centered on your door because of the placement of your door knob.
8. Using a rag, lightly rub gold over the decorative parts of your medallion (the parts that stick out from the background).
9. That’s it! Enjoy your new, fun, VERY fancy closet doors!