- Foam core
- X-Acto knife
- World map template (search online, printed out to desired size)
- White or black paint
- White or black photo frames
- Hot glue
- ½ in Wood strips
- 1x2 Wood boards
- Drywall Screws
1. Find your favorite template of the world (You can find one by searching for “World Map Template” online).
2. Blow up the template on the computer and print it out using multiple sheets of paper. This is not a part of the final product, so it does not need to be printed out on one single sheet. If you have a projector available, this is also a good way to help blow up the template to a large enough size for you to trace onto the wall/material.
3. Tape the printed sheets onto your wood or foam core and use a jigsaw or x-acto blade to cut out your continents.
4. Hot glue two 1x2 inch wood boards, perpendicular to the shape, onto the back of each of the continents to give you a “ledge” for mounting it onto the wall.
5. Paint all of the continents one color. A solid White or Black can give you a nice modern look.
6. Hang your continents onto the wall using drywall screws.
7. Choose where to place your photos around the perimeter of the “map” area and hang them.
8. Once the photos are hung, cut and paint wood strips that fit between the photos and the map location. Attach them with hot glue.
9. Travel and fill your wall with even more photos!