- Door (of any size)
- Screws and screw gun (or nails and nail gun)
- Sand paper
- Coat Hooks
- Accessories (such as baskets for under the bench seat)
1. Measure your door. Our door is 36”
2. Decide the height you would like your sides. Get creative here….with a jigsaw, you can create any design you would like. Make the first vertical 18” of your sides as wide and symmetrical as possible. Make them 18” wide as well. Then get creative for the additional area. Use the first side you make a template so your second side matches perfectly.
3. Cut your plywood to fit in between the two sides of your bench. It will be your seat bench 18” deep by the size of your door. For us 36” wide.
4. Lay down your door and set the sides on either sides of the door.
5. Either screw in the sides (or nail in the sides)
6. Measure 18” up and mark both of your sides.
7. Take your cut piece for your bench and set into place. Either screw in or nail into place.
8. Add any accessories you would like. We will be adding coat hooks for the sides and top part of the door. We will be adding baskets underneath the bench seat. (You can also add a mirror, picture, anything you would like!)
9. Stain or paint your entry bench.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page