- An old pair of jeans
- 9 inch zipper (with the band it’s 10.5 inches)
- Sewing machine with zipper foot if sewing in a zipper (or needle and thread for hand sewing!)
- Seam Ripper
- Hot Glue gun
- Embellishments (optional)
1. Lay jeans flat on cutting surface. Cut out two rectangles 10.5 x 5 inches.
2. Pin zipper face-down (or right sides together) at the top of one rectangle.
3. Sew zipper.
4. Lay second rectangle on zipper, face-down.
5. Sew second piece.
6. Unzip zipper halfway (so you can fit your fingers in later to unzip rest of way)
7. Sew around remaining 3 sides, with a half inch seam allowance.
8. Trim seam edges and corners (being careful not to clip the seam).
9. Unzip zipper rest of the way, turn bag inside out and -- voila.
10. Glue on any embellishments, or add a painted detail using your stencil and paint.