Just in time for Easter!
- Flower pot
- Green crinkle paper
- Fake flowers
- Candy or fake mini Easter eggs
- Styrofoam ball
- Fuzzy yarn
- 1 Pom Pom for tail
- Felt (pink for toes and another color to match fur)
- Glue gun
- Place newspaper in the flower pot until it is 3/4 of the way full and top off with green crinkle paper. Set aside.
- Place dabs of glue on the styrofoam ball then wrap the ball in the yarn until the entire ball is covered. Be careful when using the glue gun because the glue is very hot, Use the glue gun to secure the yarn in places.
- Take the fuzzy ball and glue it to the inside side edge of the flower pot sitting just on top of the green layer of crinkle paper.
- Take the white felt and cut out two bunny foot print shapes (kind of like an egg shape. See photo)
- Then take the pink felt and cut out 8 tiny raindrop shapes for the toes. Glue 4 toes on each paw.
- Take the flower pot with the fuzzy ball in it and glue on the tail and the two paws, add flowers and eggs.
- The yarn is very important. Regular yarn doesn't really work. I tried a feather boa which didn't work well either. I found the fuzzy yarn works amazingly well!
- You can also make them with baskets or wooden crates instead of clay pots.
- These can be stored away for Easters to come.
- You can paint the clay pots any color.
- You can make your bunnies different colors and use different kinds of flowers. I liked the look of wild flowers since it reminds me of my childhood.
- These can be made in a variety of sizes.
- I like the idea of using candy eggs or the wrapped chocolate eggs. It's a fun way to display chocolate Easter treats around the house leading up to Easter!
DIY Curious Bunny Pots - Home & Family
Get more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Check out more from Tanya at Facebook.com/TanyaMemme