- Foam core
- Acrylic craft paint
- X-acto knife
- Foam sheets
- Wood round
1. Using foam core, cut a rectangle that is 5” wide and 14” tall.
2. Find your center and use an x-acto knife to cut two 5” angles at the top of your foam core to create your pencil tip.
3. Measure 6” down from the top and 8” from the bottom to create two slots that will fit together.
4. Each slot should be ¼” thick.
5. Fit each of your pieces together.
6. Paint the pencil lines at the top while both pieces are fitted together to ensure even lines.
7. Remove both pieces to paint yellow (desired color) below your pencil tip lines.
8. Use a 5” wood round for your base. Your pencil will sit on this.
9. Using a pink foam sheet, cut a strip to use as your eraser. Wrap around the base and glue.
10. Using the same method, cut a silver foam sheet to create your silver to go just above the eraser.
11. To create a cone at the top of your pencil for the lead, use grey scrapbook paper to shape in a cone and glue in place.