- Wooden clothes hangers
- 1” x 12” wooden planks
- Wood screws
- Power drill
- Small drill bit or pilot hole
- Phillips head drill bit
- Speed square
- Accoutrements for covering screws
1. Cut your wooden planks down to desired length. *this can be done for you at your local hardware store.*
2. Lay a plank down on your worktable with the long edge hanging off, line the center of the interior angle of your hanger to the top edge of the wood in place and mark where you want the two screws to go on your hanger, use the square for accuracy. *the placement of the hangers will depend on the length of your rack. It should be about 1/3 of the way inset from the edge for support.*
3. Drill pilot holes into your hanger.
4. Using a wood screw, secure the hanger to the plank through the first pilot hole. Use the square to make sure the straight edge of your hanger is perfectly perpendicular to the plank, then secure in place with second screw.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 with all four “feet” of your shoe rack.
6. Now that your rack can stand, mark the tops of the hangers about 1/2" down and in the center. Drill pilot holes.
7. Flip it back on its side and put the second plank of wood for the top shelf in place.
8. Screw wood screws in to secure.
9. Paint and cover screws if desired
10. Place, organize and enjoy!