- Pet collar
- Non-toxic glue (Aleene’s Original Tacky glue or Crafter’s Choice)
- Binder clips
NOTE/WARNING: Gorilla glue, E-6000, and other strong-smelling adhesives are VERY toxic to animals. This is no joke –so don’t skimp by using something you have laying around at home. If ingested, this could actually kill your pet. Get a non-toxic glue! They are inexpensive, so make the trip to the craft store to buy the right kind.
1. Take the collar that you would like to bling out.
2. Measure it for a good fit around your pet’s neck.
3. If the collar is too big (more than 2 extra holes in the leather), cut off the over- excess.
4. If the collar is not big enough, you can use a leather punch to punch another hole.
5. Decide where you would like your bling to be. Lay it out on the collar. Now this part is up to you. You can bling the whole collar, or just add bits of bling to spice it up.
6. Because we are using the non-toxic glue, you will have to be patient during this part. Set your bling in place and let it dry up to 24 hours before using it on your pet. You can secure the collar with paper weights or binder clips while it dries.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page