- Cotton yarn (1/4 skein for two Scrubbies)
- 3 Yards of medium tulle
- A scrap of cardboard or an empty paper towel roll (optional)
- Size 9 Knitting Needles
- Scissors or Cutter & ruler with cutting mat
Step 1: Prepare the Tulle:
NOTE: Tulle is unwieldy to work with. This method reduces the frustration that can result from handling a big chunk of tulle.
1. Fold the tulle in half lengthwise and then again lengthwise.
2. Carefully lay the "tulle sandwich" on a flat surface and weight it down.
3. Make an initial cut to one short side of the sandwich to even it out
4. With scissors or a rotary cutter and ruler, cut strips of the tulle approximately 1-1/4" wide.
NOTE: You need approximately 4 strips for one Scrubbie, but while you have the tulle tamed, you might want to go ahead and cut the whole thing at once.
Sophie Uliano’s DIY Scrubbies
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.