- Yarn snowman
- School glue
- Black buttons
- Sticks for arms
- Orange cone or clay for the nose
- Black yarn or black clay for the mouth; black paper can also be used
- Gloves; optional
- Black scrapbook paper for hat
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Blow up a large balloon for the body and a smaller balloon for the head part.
2. Use tape to secure the two together, this will be the foundation and size of the snowman.
3. Pour the glue into a bowl and add a little bit of water to make it a bit thinner and easier to
4. Dip the yarn into the glue/water mixture and wraps around the balloons until well covered.
5. Allow to dry, this can take up to 24 hours depending on temperature.
6. Use scissors to carefully pop the balloons and remove them from the middle.
7. Decorate the face as desired; you can use clay for eyes and nose, paper can also be used.
8. Add the details on with glue.
9. Make the hat by cutting a circle out of the black scrapbook paper and then cut a rectangle
to make the top part of the hat and attach it to the circle; make another smaller circle for the
top of the hat and attach with glue.
10. Attach the hat to the snowman with glue.
11. The bottom of the snowman can be cut so that the snowman can stand on its own, or it
can be placed in a planter with other Christmas decorations.