Learn how to create beautiful agate stone necklaces.
DIY Agate Stone Necklace
Fashion, Jewelry, Handmade
- 1 Agate slice pendant
- 1 gold or silver chain in your desired length
- 2 gold or silver jump ring
- 1 gold or silver clasp
- Needle-nosed pliers (or a jewelry pliers kit)
- Measure the desired amount of chain that you would like for your pendant. You can make a short one that hangs on your sternum right below your neck (about 14”) or you can make a longer one that hangs a bit lower (about 36”). I prefer a longer chain, so I will be making mine 36”.
- Open one of the jump rings with your pliers and attach it to one end of your chain. Once the jump ring is through the chain, re-close the ring with your pliers by squeezing it back together.
- Repeat this process for the other end of your chain.
- Attach the clasp to one end of your chain (which ever side you are most comfortable using when you put on a necklace). I’m right-handed so I like the clasp to be in my right hand.
- Thread the Agate pendant over the small end of the chain.
Two-tiered necklace. The step-out will stay the same with these additions (and materials list will add chain and charm):
- Measure two lengths of chains – one at 14” and one at 36”
- Repeat this process for both sides of both chains (4 in total)
- Thread your Agate on the long chain
- Thread a charm (or desired pendant) on the smaller chain
- Take both jump rings on the right side and attach them to a larger jump chain that will attach to your clasp. Use your jewelry pliers to extend and contract the jump rings.
- Continue this process on the left side, attaching both jump rings to a larger jump ring that will serve as the connector piece to your clasp.
- Put around your neck and wear with pride!
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more fun DIY products at the Home & Family Pinterest Page