- Yarn in multiple colors
- Pipe wrap insulation (similar to a pool noodle)
- Bailing wire
- Hot Glue
- Glue Gun
- Wire cutters
1. Cut pipe insulation into layered pieces to form your rungs of your “rainbow”.
2. Cut bailing wire to fit the size of your cut insulation pieces. Place wire inside the insulation, bend into half-moon shape.
3. To make a smaller version, use rope instead of pipe insulation as your base. hot glue rope to bailing wire, bend into shape.
4. Wrap yarn around each rainbow layer, alternating colors. You can do a solid color all the way across or mix up the colors across the insulation piece (bigger model) or rope (smaller model) for more variety. Tie yarn at the base of the insulation piece, or rope, in the back.
5. Once the insulation pieces or ropes are covered in yarn, hot glue them together.
6. To make the “clouds”: Knot yarn into a bunch. Hot glue to the ends of your rainbow - one to three on each side, depending on how many “clouds” you want. Either leave knotted with extra rope hanging, or unravel extra rope and smooth through with fingers for a fluffier look.
7. Hot glue a piece of yarn at the top to make a hanger, hang on wall.