Orly Shani recently showed how to make scrunchies at home. If you made some and have nowhere to put them, Paige Hemmis shares a great DIY that will keep your scrunchies organized, safe, and pretty cute in your bathroom.
1. Start by marking the center of your plaque with your pencil. Since mine is 5”, I am going to mark it at 2.5” in two places to make sure I get the middle.
2. Mark the center of your dowel with a pencil.
3. Taking a drill, drill out the center of your plaque where you marked and set aside.
4. Drill the center of your dowel (just a little bit so that your dowel does not split).
5. Take your screwdriver and start your screw in the bottom of your plaque so that it just pops through the other side.
6. Put some wood glue on the bottom of your dowel, then set the dowel on the plaque where the screw is coming out and continue screwing the screw into the dowel from the bottom until it is tight.
7. Take hot glue and glue a decorative drawer pull on the top of your dowel. Allow to dry/cool completely before letting go.
8. OPTIONAL: If you would like to paint your scrunchie holder, now is the time to do it. I love the look of natural wood so I’m leaving mine this natural color. If your holder will be near the sink and will get wet, you can spray the entire thing with a sealant in a well-ventilated area.
9. Add scrunchies over the drawer pull and dowel and enjoy your new scrunchie holder!