· Wait until temperatures cool down before buying a bunch of mums.
· For the longest flowering mums, select a plant that has the majority of the buds in a closed stage. This way flowers last up to 8 weeks.
· To gain another bloom period -remove any spent flowers from the mum.
· To water: place hose inside the plant and water the soil directly.
TO PINCH BACK PLANT
· Remove the new tender growth at the very tip of the stems with your fingernails.
· Make sure to pinch or cut above a node. This will encourage new side branches to grow.