Dan Kucan shows you how!
- Get a painting that you would like to modify. Take an existing one you want to change or you can buy an inexpensive painting at a warehouse, garage sale, etc.
- Go at that bad boy with a sander. You can do it by hand, or you can use an electric palm sander. Be aware that a palm sander will go through canvas VERY quickly! I like to use 220 sandpaper.
- Once you have knocked the paint way back, paying special attention to the edges, dust the whole thing off thoroughly.
- Use a clean cloth to apply a medium to medium dark stain over the entire surface.
- Add more! Sand more! Stain more! Whatever! You can make it darker, or sand it back again. Whatever you want. Ultimately, it will have the warm, worn look of an antique and be much more personal.
Antique a Painting - Home & Family
Get more DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
For more from Daniel Kucan, visit MortiseTenon.com