Ken demonstrates how to create an eye-catching mobile for young children!
- 1 square of heavyweight Felt
- 2-4 Felt Balls
- Utility knife
- Needle & thread
For newborns, you should try to stick to 3 basic colors: black, white, and red.
Notes: Make sure to use only a heavyweight felt!
- Cut concentric diamonds as specified using a straight edge and utility knife, being careful not to cut fully through at the center
- Take opposing points of the outer diamond and using needle and thread attach with a small stitch.
- Take the next smallest diamonds points and join in the opposing direction using a stick.
- Repeat with smallest square
- Pierce one or two balls with knotted thread and attach to bottom of mobile.
- Thread knotted thread through top of mobile and attach 2 more balls and leave length of string for hanging.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Visit Ken Wingard at www.KennethWingard.com and follow him on Twitter @KennethWingard.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.