Ken Wingard’s DIY Personal History Globe Art
- Ordinary globe
- Spray primer
- Pencil to trace the continents
- Paint (Oceans, Continents, Latitude/Longitude Markings, Titles, Personal locations)
- Tracing paper (optional)
- Painter’s tape
- Rubber gloves
PREPARE THE GLOBE :
First, get a globe. You can use an inexpensive globe but it’s best to find one that has raised continents, or you have to trace the continents first.
- Mask off the stand and hardware
- Spray globe completely with primer
- Trace continents (you may need to trace continents before priming if your continents are not raised)
- Option to use tracing paper and transfer tracing to globe
- Paint oceans & continents
- Mark the lines for longitude and latitude
- Lettering the continents & oceans
- Special markings for personalization tip: (you can use chalkboard paint for continents and oceans add temporary items)
HOW SHOULD WE ADD OUR PERSONAL HISTORY INFORMATION?
Family origins, special places etc. Can use chalk (if using chalkboard paint) or use a metallic paint to create circles or rectangles around places. Consider using dotted lines for contrast.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.