1. Cut your flower & leave no more than 1-inch of stem: roses can be cut shorter.
2. Place a full petaled flower such as a rose, face up into a bed of 2-inch silica gel lining the bottom of plastic container at least 3 inches taller than the flower.
--Flat faced flowers such as gerbera daisy place face down in sand.
--Long strand flowers like amaranth place on its side on bed of silica.
3. Use squeeze bottle to gently cover the flowers completely with more silica gel until completely submerged 2- 3 inches deep
4. Place an airtight lid on the container and leave it for 3-7 days until flowers completely dry.
OR: MICROWAVE for 1 minute with cup of water also in microwave”
5. Open the container and remove the flowers very carefully. Brush off any remaining crystals with a paintbrush.
6. Put away in airtight container with light layer of silica sand on bottom to keep moisture out.
Optional: Spray with hair spray or brush a coat of Mod Podge to seal moisture out.
*Use the flowers for wreaths, decorations and arrangements
Get more Do It Yourself Projects at Home & Family Pinterest Page.
Get more gardening tips from Shirley at Edenmakers.com