1) Cut square out of front of box
2) Cut back out of cardboard box
3) Cut rectangle out of sides of box
4) Use cutout parts of box to cut decorative pieces and glue to front of box
5) Cut a piece of paper to fit front opening and tape into place from behind
1) Draw or trace your puppet shapes onto card stock.
2) Cut shapes out using a utility knife or scissors
Tip: Cut out figures from a favorite book that’s gotten damaged and use them as a template.
Tip: Cut out characters as well as scenery.
3) For jointed puppets cut out legs and arms separately.
4) Make holes with hole punch in arms, legs, and bodies and join together with brass fasteners
5) Attach a piece of tape to the tip of a skewer and double over on itself so there is a flap at the end.
6) Use a second piece of tape to attach flap to back of puppet.
7) Point flashlight towards back of theatre.
8) Insert arms and puppets through rectangles on the sides and put on a show!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page