1. The first cut was at a 45-degree angle to make a triangle that is 4” long on the bottom. This will be used for the top part of the tree
2. Cut the second piece of wood in three different places. Cut the sides at a 45-degree angle to mimic a tree (so cut up – the larger part of the 45-degree angle should be at the bottom. Then, you need to take off just a small cut on the top of the second piece of the tree, so it will butt up against the first. Cut about 1.5” off the top. The bottom of the triangle should be 7”.
3. Repeat this process for each layer of the tree with the third piece of wood measuring 11-inhces on the bottom. Remember to cut the sides at a 45-degree angle
4. Repeat again with the bottom cut measuring 13”
5. Now that you have your cut pieces, it’s time to assemble them! Cut your 1”x2” piece of wood
6. Cut a piece of 1”x4” at 13” in length, just a straight cut with no angles. This will be your base.
7. Lay your cut 1”x2” down on a flat surface.
8. Add wood glue to the 1”x2” on top. The branch pieces will sit on top of that.
9. Once all four branch pieces are on the 1”x2”, nail them into place.
10. Add the 13” flat piece to the bottom of the 1”x2” and secure with nails underneath.
11. You can stain the wood if you would like . Set aside to dry.
12. Add your green acrylic paint to the branches and set aside to dry.
13. Taking sand paper, sand back a bit of the green paint to reveal the wood underneath.
14. Take a damp towel and wash off the surface of the tree. This is where we will be placing our stickers, so it needs to be a clean and dry surface.
15. Add any words or phrases you would like!
16. Enjoy your Rustic Christmas Tree Wishes!Download the Wood Tree Pattern