- ½ stick Butter (plus extra for pan)
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- ½ Pound Velveeta Cheese (in chunks)
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- 1lb Elbow Macaroni
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook macaroni, arrange in baking dish and set aside.
- Butter a 3-qt casserole pan or individual oven-safe baking cups.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle in flour, stir until absorbed. slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly until incorporated.
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Fold sauce into macaroni.
- Cover bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with shredded cheddar and bake until cheese melts.
*For heartier appetites, stir in chopped ham, or cooked beef with taco seasonings before baking.