- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 1 cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup Beeswax
- 4 tablespoons Zinc oxide powder (Sophie recommends non nano)
- 1 teaspoon essential oil: sandalwood
- Heat a double boiler - I place a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Place the butter, oil and pellets in the bowl and heat until completely melted (3-4 minutes).
- Remove from heat, and whisk in zinc oxide and 1tsp of essential oil - pour into molds.
Lotion bars will set in a couple of hours (1 hour in the fridge). But you can keep in the molds for as long as you want, and best to do this if you aren't going to use right away.
DIY Sunscreen Lotion Bars with Sophie Uliano