- Apples (6 medium), peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- Fresh lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- Unbleached all-purpose flour (1/4 cup)
- Freshly grated nutmeg (1/4 teaspoon)
- Ground cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Sugar (1/3 cup)
- Raisins (1/4 cup)
- Lemon zest (2 tablespoons)
- Vanilla bean ice cream (1 qt)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
1) Combine the apples and lemon juice in a large bowl. and stir.
2) In another separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, raisins and lemon zest. Pour over the apples, and stir well!
3) Finally, pour the apple mixture into the piecrust.
4) Spread the streusel topping evenly over the apples.
5) Bake for 45/50 minutes, or until the paples are soft and the crust golden.
6) Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page