Ingredients for Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 leaves handful fresh mint about 20 leaves
Ingredients for Watermelon Puree
- 4 cups cubed seedless watermelon (about 1/2 mini watermelon)
Ingredients for Mojitos
- 1 cup cold ginger ale
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Watermelon puree
- Mint simple syrup to taste (about 1/4 cup)
- Optional garnishes: watermelon, limes, mint
1. For the simple syrup: Combine water, sugar, and mint in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and chill.
2. Place watermelon cubes in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh sieve to remove any solids. Chill the puree.
3. Combine ginger ale, lime juice, watermelon puree, and mint simple syrup in a large pitcher. Pour into ice-filled glasses, garnish if desired.