Daisy Fuentes is making this traditional dish with a vegetarian twist.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 or 2 depending on size: Celery sticks
- 1 or 2 Carrots
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 3 or 4 cloves Garlic
- About 4oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 oz peas
- 1 cup of cooked brown lentils (rinsed if in a can)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar/apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup of vegetable broth (a little more if needed)
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 tbsp flour (1x1 flour to fat ratio)
- Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, pepper, pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Bay leaf
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 14 oz of potatoes cooked
- Pinch of white pepper
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp of non dairy butter
- 1/2 cup non dairy unsweetened milk (soy, oat, cashew...)
1. Finely chop onions, celery and carrots.
2. Dice mushrooms into slightly bigger pieces
3. Finely chop garlic and herbs.
4. On medium-high heat, use a tablespoon of olive oil to saute onions, celery, onions and carrots.
5. Add flour.
6. Add black pepper and salt.
7. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
8. Add garlic.
9. Stir in the miso paste, tomato paste, chopped herbs, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable broth and red wine.
10. Add cooked peas and lentils.
11. Top with mashed potatoes.
12. Bake pie in oven 450 for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Get more information about this episode >>