1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Toss the butternut squash cubes, onions and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon of the sea salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the pepper in a large bowl. Spread the squash mixture on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until the squash cubes are soft and golden brown, around 40 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, combine the coconut milk, thyme and bay leaves in a medium saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Turn off the heat and let the coconut milk steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and thyme sprigs with a slotted spoon.
4) Combine the cooked coconut milk, the squash mixture, 1⁄2 teaspoon of the sea salt, 1⁄4 teaspoon of the pepper, 2 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast, the dry mustard, turmeric and Tabasco sauce in a blender and process until smooth. Set the butternut squash sauce aside.
5) Toss the bread crumbs with the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil, the remaining 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper and the paprika. Set the bread crumb mixture aside.
6) Arrange the cooked pasta in a large bowl. Pour the reserved butternut squash sauce over the pasta and combine well. Spoon the pasta into a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle the reserved bread crumb mixture over the pasta and bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden. Spoon out, serve at once and enjoy each bite!
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Follow Kimberly on Twitter @_KimberlySnyder