Directions for Carrot Puree
1. In a medium pot, bring olive oil to medium heat. Sauté carrots, stirring until semi-tender.
2. Add shallots and cook until translucent (no color).
3. Add garlic, cook until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
4. Add in water, bring to simmer. Cover. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
5. Transfer to blender, puree at high speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
6. Season with salt. Reserve.
Directions for Vegetable Sauté
1. In a large sauté pan, bring olive oil to heat. Sauté shallots until translucent.
2. Add carrots, fava beans, and radishes. Sauté until hot and glossy. Season with salt. Do not overcook.
3. Add garlic, sauté until aromatic.
4. Add chives. Taste, and adjust seasoning. Reserve warm.
Directions for Arugula Salad
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss until evenly coated. Adjust dressing with lemon juice/olive oil and seasoning with salt/pepper.
Directions for Veal Milanese
1. To bread cutlets, arrange AP flour, egg, and mixed breadcrumbs/cheese respectively in 3 different shallow bowls. Season all with salt.
2. Coat veal with all 3 in that order (eggs, then flour, then breadcrumbs/cheese).
3. In a shallow sauté pan, over medium-high heat, place breaded cutlets in oil. Pan-fry on both sides until golden brown. Remove from oil, transfer to wire rack to drain oil (or dry paper towel), and season immediately with salt.
4. Serve arugula salad over it, carrot puree besides, and vegetable sauté over carrot puree. Garnish with shaved parmesan and lemon wedges.