- ¾ C Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 Lb. organic, free-range boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips (or use chicken tenders to save time)
- 1 C almond flour
- 1 ½ Tb ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for Cheesy Kale Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, center ribs and stems removed (reserve for juicing or eating later)
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tb apple cider vinegar
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ C nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the egg, add the chicken and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
4. Spread mixture onto a plate.
5. Remove the Chicken strips from egg mixture and dip into almond flour mixture. Coat well.
6. Test oil by dropping in a pinch of almond flour; when it sizzles it’s ready.
7. Drop the chicken strips into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
8. Drain on paper towels.
Cheesy Kale Salad
1. Tear the kale leaves into small pieces and place them in a large bowl.
2. Add the oil and vinegar and stir or massage into the leaves to soften them.
3. Add green pepper.
4. Add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt and toss until well combined.