- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium to large carrots (10 to 12 ounces total), peeled, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (or 1/3cup finely chopped walnuts)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus extra as needed 2 cups low- fat or full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely grated on a Microplane, pressed, or crushed into a paste
1.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a pinch of the carrots to the oil to test it: The oil is ready if the carrots sizzle. Add the remaining carrots and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
2. Add the pine nuts and salt. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are completely soft and browning and the pine nuts are golden, another 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until it is incorporated and fragrant, another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Let cool briefly to warm.
3. Place the yogurt in a medium-size bowl. Stir in the warm carrot mixture, and season with salt to taste. 4.Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, and drizzle the Top with olive oil. The dip will keep, in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page