- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 tbsp curry powder (add more as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (more as needed)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- I small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- Optional 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Basmati rice (cooked according to package directions)
1) Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to pan, add ground turkey and cook through.
2) Add veggies and remaining coconut oil.
3) Mix then add salt, pepper, spices and maple syrup, mix.
4) Add 2 tbsp of water and let simmer with a cover while veggies cook, about 10 minutes. Mix all flavors again.
5) Serve on a bed of Basmati Rice
6) Garnish with cilantro